Goals



My gold,
is to be,
as the waves,
to give, and give, and give,
until I glisten,
to let go
of convention and conviction,
to be moved,
by the wind.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Random Thoughts: Greatness

I was passing by a memorial for WWI soldiers and I thought...isn't that a bit silly. Like when I'm dead I won't care what people thought of my life, I don't want glory or remembrance, I'll be dead! I won't even have a brain or a body to do the caring, ha. I always think its funny when humans apply their morality to things that don't have human needs or desires.  That's like taking a block of wood to a party and saying "I know you were bored sitting in the garage all day so I took you out for a good time! Let's get wasted!!!" People must do these things for themselves; to remember history so it doesn't repeat itself, Or so they can tell their children "this is what they're grandfather did." But really what your grandfather did doesn't make you any greater. What your grandfather did makes his life what it was.  Only he can decide whether it was a success or failure, even if he did a million things.  Greatness isn't passed down in genes. You are a completely unique being that has never been seen before and will never be seen again. Love yourself, be true to the uniqueness that you are, that's what makes you great! Don't hold on to these stories of such and such, while you can appreciate them, they're not you.
Too many people live their life this way, thinking of their legacy or what others will think of them when they're gone.  My ex use to always tell me "Be a man..." but you know what Fuck being a "man!" Be true. I don't care what anyone things of me or my life, it is my own.  I think it's more of a "man" to be true to ones self instead of living up to any one's pre-conceived moulds or notions, it just makes me claustrophobic.

And don't worry what others will think, remember, you'll be dead :p


-Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment