Goals



My gold,
is to be,
as the waves,
to give, and give, and give,
until I glisten,
to let go
of convention and conviction,
to be moved,
by the wind.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Mercy












Blood on my hands,
and it's all my fault,
she waited at the door
knowing
I was always late.
I had to kill her!
scrutinizing the cracks,
in her paint.
I've been premeditating it,
for a while now.
"But wait", they said,
"you're getting older", they said,
and everyone needs to come home,
to a smile.
I threw caution to the wind,
and committed the great sin,
now the lady is free,
for a while.
She spinned and spinned
and to my great grin,
my guilt overcame, my beguile.

"Don't you cry?...don't the tears drop from your eye?"
"No" I said, "the pain sits in my veins, for a while"

I did not stab her from the front,
face to face, eye to eye,
I do not have, the stomach.
It was a slow drip of neglect
and pretend;
as her mouth watered,
mine dried,
and I drained her, of liberty.
Even at the end,
she shared,
Everything.
I had no choice,
but to oblige

No comments:

Post a Comment